When it comes to unwelcome guests, rodents are often considered to take the top spot. These furry intruders not only cause property damage, but also pose serious health risks by contaminating our living spaces and spreading dangerous diseases. At Gato Guard, we understand the importance of effective rodent control to ensure a safe and healthy environment for your Central Florida home or office.
The Sneaky Invaders:
Rodents have a knack for remaining hidden until they’ve caused significant damage. They reproduce rapidly, making it crucial to address the issue promptly. Gato Guard‘s team of rodent control professionals is here to help you prevent and eliminate these pests, ensuring your home remains a rodent-free haven.
Some Interesting Facts About Rodents:
- Rats and mice are part of the rodent family, which consists of over 2,200 different species worldwide. [Source: Britannica]
- Rodents have powerful teeth that continuously grow throughout their lives. To prevent their teeth from becoming too long, they constantly gnaw on various objects. [Source: National Geographic]
- Some rodents, like squirrels and chipmunks, play a vital role in seed dispersal by burying and forgetting their food caches. This behavior helps in the spread of forests. [Source: Smithsonian’s National Zoo]
- The common house mouse (Mus musculus) can fit through a hole as small as a dime due to its flexible skeletal structure. [Source: National Pest Management Association]
- Rats and mice are excellent climbers and can easily scale vertical walls, pipes, and wires. Their strong claws and flexible bodies allow them to navigate various surfaces. [Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention]
Rodent Control Services:
While prevention is the best defense against rodent infestations, Gato Guard understands that existing problems need immediate attention. Our comprehensive inspection allows us to tailor the perfect rodent control plan for your situation. From rodent-proofing your property to implementing targeted baiting and trapping techniques, we will eliminate the current infestation and establish long-term prevention strategies. With our ongoing monitoring and maintenance offered throughout Central Florida, you can rest assured that those rodents won’t be making a comeback.
Meet the Culprits:
Rodents come in various shapes and sizes, each with their own unique set of habits. Let’s get to know a few of the most common offenders:
Pack Rats: These sneaky wood rats measure around six to eight inches and are known for their fur-covered tails, white underbellies, and feet. Their storage areas are often lined with feces and urine, which can pose significant health hazards.
Roof Rats: True to their name, roof rats prefer upper areas such as ceilings and attics as their nesting spots. You might find them in debris, trees, dense vegetation, or woodpiles. With their dark brown or black fur and tails longer than their bodies, they are quite the agile climbers.
House Mice: Smaller than rats, house mice have gray coats and off-white underbellies. They rely on human dwellings for food and shelter while being notorious for leaving up to 50 droppings daily, creating a serious health concern.
The Dangers They Bring:
Rodents not only wreak havoc on your property, but also compromise your well-being. Their incessant gnawing can damage structures, including wood, walls, and electrical wiring. Their unsanitary living conditions make them carriers of diseases such as typhus, leptospirosis, dysentery, salmonellosis, plague, lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV), and rat-bite fever. The risks extend to acute food poisoning and can impact the overall health of your household and property here in Florida.
Don’t let rodents take over your Orlando area home and jeopardize your well-being. Gato Guard is here to help you protect your Central Florida property and health through effective rodent control. Our experienced professionals will devise a personalized plan to prevent infestations and eliminate existing problems. Contact Gato Guard Pest Control and regain control over your living space TODAY. Let us ensure a safe and healthy environment for you and your loved ones, free from the invasive clutches of rodents.